Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Where to go when your building is desolate




An international assignment:

http://www.thetravellersbox.org/
The above address is where I discovered a box that should be incorporated into artistic practices from overseas, that would eventually be shipped to me.

Here is what the site told me:


"The Travellers Box project aims to produce and work in an open, multi-voice, free, non-commercial and nonhierarchical context, and attaches importance to the involvement of a broad range of other discourses and disciplines. Setting a precedent and clarifying these values in a transparent way, where the main idea is creating a creative community and sharing knowledge, information and contacts across borders will create an artistic exchange and collaboration that crosses not only cultures and geographical borders but also different artistic practices. This breeding ground will by its very nature facilitate the sharing of artistic ideas for both the artists and the audience."






FOR my interpretation of the Travellers Box, I created a bomb shelter of where I will live, assuming I am one that will live past the others post apocalypse. 2012, oil slicks in the gulf of Mexico killing all my favorite sea creatures, or wetlands which are rising around the coast of my Florida; we are going down. Preparation is key, guys.





No comments:

Post a Comment